There's nothing better than a sweet-and-salty combo snack, amirite? Yesterday I was plagued with a case of the munchies, and the cravings were (almost) bad enough to send me to the corner store for a bag of chips. Instead, I whipped up a batch of Kale Chips and paired them with a sweet nectarine from the farmer's market: A perfect one-two punch that kept me satisfied right up until dinner.
Kale Chips
12 kale leaves. (Any variety will work, but I'm partial to curly kale - rinsed, dried, and cut into bite size pieces with the center ribs and stems removed)
1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
Preheat oven to 250°F. Toss kale with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange leaves in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes for flat leaves and up to 35 minutes for wrinkled leaves. Let cool before eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment